IndiGo is one airline on which any domestic flyer would have traveled for the majority of the time. Given its network and LCC model, it is the first choice for many when booking tickets. But IndiGo is one airline that does not have any loyalty program. But, it is launching the next best thing – credit cards for frequent flyers. HDFC Bank is the first bank to tie up with IndiGo to launch co-branded credit cards. There are two variants: Ka-Ching 6E Rewards and Ka-Ching 6E Rewards XL in the lineup. XL as the name suggests is the higher variant. Being a co-branded card, we can expect good benefits on IndiGo for these variants. In this post, we review the IndiGo HDFC Bank Ka-Ching credit cards and if they are worth applying for.
Fees and Charges
|6E REWARDS||6E REWARDS XL|
|Joining/Renewal Fee||Rs 700||Rs 2500|
|Welcome Ticket||Rs 1500||Rs 3000|
The point to note here is there is no fee waiver. Do the rewards make up for this? We will see it in the next section.
- The welcome benefit ticket can be redeemed only towards the base fare
- It will be sent on making 3 transactions every month for the first 3 months
- Additional welcome benefits – Rs 1000 Accor Dining voucher, 30% off Accor Stay voucher (1-3 nights), Budweiser voucher worth Rs 250
- 6E Prime Addon (Priority check in, choice of seat, complimentary meal & quicker baggage) is also given as a first-year only benefit
- We get ‘6E Reward Points’ on spends. These are just like regular reward points with 1 6E RP = Rs 1.
- The earned ‘6E Reward Points’ will be valid for 2 years from the date of credit.
|SPEND CATEGORY||6E REWARDS||6E REWARDS XL|
|Dining, Entertainment and Grocery||2%||3%|
|Other Spends (Incl Fuel)||1%||2%|
6E Rewards Partners
There are some ‘feature’ partners where we get accelerated rewards on spending.
|FEATURED PARTNER||6E REWARDS||6E REWARDS XL|
|6E Treats Dinning||5%||7%|
|AVA – Merchandise||6%||10%|
|Avis – Car Rental||7%||10%|
|Be U – Salon||10%||15%|
- The dining benefit is not of much use as we have better offers on other cards/Eazydiner.
- Discounted convenience fees of Rs 150 on IndiGo (normally Rs 300)
- Only for XL Variant – 8 Complimentary Domestic Airport Lounge Access
HDFC Bank issues only one credit card in most cases. So, getting one of these would mean that we cannot hold other lucrative cards like Infinia and DCB. For someone who travels on IndiGo, the 6E Rewards XL card might make sense. But, these cards are not suitable as an all-purpose daily spends driver. The reward rate is between 1%-3% for these spends. We are better off using other entry-level cards like Axis Ace and getting direct cashback.
If you are planning to get ‘free’ tickets on IndiGo with this card, there are more surprises. We can redeem 6E rewards only against base fare. All other taxes, surcharges need to be paid in cash. Compare this with regular card discount offers on MakeMyTrip/Yatra and we will not see much of a benefit. Plus, no annual fee waiver!