Cashback, Flights, Hotels, and Miles are all rewards that we have come to expect from credit cards. How about health benefits as features and rewards? Axis Bank Aura is a health-focused credit card that features many benefits. Here is a review of the Axis Bank Aura credit card.
Fees and Charges
- Joining Fee: Rs 749 plus taxes
- Annual Fee: Rs 749 plus taxes
- Welcome Benefit: Rs 750 Amazon Voucher
- Annual Fee Waiver: None
- 2 EDGE Reward Points per Rs 200 ~0.2% Return
- 10 EDGE Reward Points per Rs 200 on insurance spends ~1% Return
Effective 15th November 2022, Axis Bank AURA credit card will not earn any EDGE Rewards for the below categories:
× Educational Services
× Government Institutions
The reward rate is very low to even consider spending on the card. But that is not what we will be focusing on anyway. Let us explore the benefits.
- 4 complimentary consultations per month on Practo Plus
- Rs 500 Discount on health checkup packages with IndusHealthPlus
- 4 free personal training sessions per month and 16 on-demand training videos
- Access to discounted nutrition plans
Only the first benefit of free e-consultation looks somewhat useful. But with COVID going away, how many of us would really prefer an e-consultation over an in-person one?
Axis Bank Aura is a unique credit card. But not all unique offerings are good. For a health-conscious person, the Axis Bank Aura credit card might make sense with the fitness and nutrition programs. But, that is an exclusive set of customers with their own selection of what is good for health. That is why I do not see a huge market for the Aura credit card.